- Activated Carbon, Thermal Oxidation, Catalytic Oxidation, and Regenerative Thermal Oxidation Control Technologies
- CERCLA/RCRA/TSCA Compliance
- Landfill Gas Monitoring
- Cost Recovery and Allocation Support
- Dangerous Waste Assistance
- Remedial Investigation
- In Situ Air Stripping
- Regulatory Strategy Development, Closure, and NFA Support
- Soil and Groundwater Characterization and Investigation
- Separate-Phase Hydrocarbon Recovery
- Soil Vapor Extraction/Air Sparging (SVE/AS)
Environmental Partners, Inc. (EPI) has provided environmental management services since 1993 for a large group of potentially liable parties at a historical industrial waste landfill that is on the National Priorities List. The landfill contains approximately 35,000 drums of mixed industrial waste generated in the early 1970s. The soil, soil vapor, and groundwater at the landfill are contaminated with multiple compounds including halogenated volatile organic compounds (VOCs), benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, and total xylene (BTEX) compounds, ketones, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), phenols, phthalates, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), herbicides, and metals.
EPI designed and managed recent upgrades to the SVE system, and performs system testing and monitoring. The SVE/RTO includes a programmable logic control / human-machine interface (PLC/HMI) with the ability to remotely monitor and operate the system, which is necessary due to its generally remote location. Since the upgrade of the SVE system and new wells, the groundwater quality has improved to the point where groundwater is compliant with applicable cleanup levels at the downgradient property boundary.
This project is ongoing and continues to provide logistical, technical, and regulatory challenges.